The word ‘Chakra’ translates to ‘wheel’ in Sanskrit, they are energy centres that align with the spine as well as other sites within the body. There are seven main chakras, starting from the base of the spine through to the crown of the head. If any of the Chakras are blocked, then energy cannot flow freely, causing emotional and physical ailments.
Each of the chakras is directly related to a part of our body and affect your overall health. Working with each chakra we gain a better understanding of our personal & spiritual power, understanding what each one relates to in your physical life will help you gain greater self-knowledge that becomes integrated into your spirit, allowing advancement on the path towards spiritual consciousness/enlightenment.
Your Chakras can be blocked by many things including stress, negative thought patterns, unhealthy diet and lack of exercise. You can easily unlock your chakras by greater awareness of each one and the ‘life lessons’ held in there.
A brief summary of the seven chakras & what they relate to:
- Root chakra (mooladhara) – relates to the material world, security/insecurity.
- Sacral chakra (Swadisthana) – sexuality, work, family/relationships and physical desire.
- Solar plexus chakra (Manipura)- Ego, personality, self-esteem & confidence.
- Heart chakra (Anahata) – unconditional love, forgiveness & compassion, grief.
- Throat chakra (Vishuddhi) – will, expression/communication, one’s truth.
- Brow chakra (Ajna) – intuition, insight, illusion and wisdom.
- Crown chakra – lessons related to spirituality, blocked by ego.